Submitted blogposts published at David Osler and Liberal Conspiracy.
This is a blog by David Osler, a London-based journalist and author. It aims to cover current British and international politics, economics, industrial relations and historical questions from an unorthodox Marxist standpoint. From time to time, I also write about various other enthusiasms, especially jazz, blues and 1970s rock music, or review books I have recently read.
I am a member of the Labour Party and Labour Representation Committee, but not uncritical of either. Sometimes I plug events or causes, but this blog is not intended to play a broad ‘noticeboard for the left’ role.
- The difference between a bad joke and a death threat
- What the Hague ‘scandal’ says about gay rights
- Student protests: sorry kids, wait for the old gits
- Welcome to Dave’s transport caff (and free school)
- Thrashing royal Rollers: some public relations tips
- The fall of Tommy Sheridan
- Wherever they burn books: the politics of desecrating the Qu’ran
- Crisp industry to take charge of anti-obesity policy
- Book review: ‘Cameron: the Rise of the New Conservative’ by Francis Elliot & James Hanning
- Come back Shirley Porter, all is forgiven
- Longlisted for the Orwell Prize 2010
- David Osler at Lloyd’s List
- David Osler at Liberal Conspiracy
- David Osler