Daniel Hannan is a writer and journalist, and has been Conservative MEP for South East England since 1999. He speaks French and Spanish and loves Europe, but believes that the European Union is making its constituent nations poorer, less democratic and less free.
- The Hobbit: a book for adults
- Michael Foot: God’s Englishman
- Why I’m happy to call myself a liberal
- In a crowded field, Edward Heath was our worst prime minister
- Memo to my Leftie friends: you’d feel better if you tried not to hate us so much
- Were Stalin’s crimes really less wicked than Hitler’s?
- Paul Delaroche and the wisdom of crowds
- Harold Macmillan’s attack on Margaret Thatcher’s ‘usury’ recalls his earlier comments about Jews
- Blogging from the second worst place in the world
- EU bans herbal remedies: another victory for corporate interests